Toastmasters has its own education program. The traditional program with separated communication track and leadership track will end on June 30, 2020. The new program is already in use, it is called Pathways. In both programs your highest achievement you can earn is the Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) award.
To earn the DTM in Pathways, you are required to:
- Complete two different paths.
- Serve as a club officer for 12 months and participate in a district-sponsored club officer training. As Esprit de Corps Toastmasters has a six-month term for officers, you fulfill this requirement by serving twice. The two terms don’t need to be consecutive terms.
- Serve a complete one-year term as a district officer
- Serve successfully as a club mentor or coach
- Serve successfully as a club sponsor or conduct a Speechcraft or Youth Leadership program.
- Complete the DTM project.