Strategies for Table Topics
- Tell a story: personal experience, something you read about, or just find out a story
- Build a bridge: if you have no idea, build a bridge to a subject you can talk about
- Be prepared with some quotes, that are easy to connect with many different topics.
- Pretend to be someone else and talk from someone else’s point of view: become an expert, doctor, journalist, etc.
- Change the text into some similar topic you can actually talk about
- Pretend to be somewhere else, e.g. at another planet
- Pretend what you were in a former life (e.g. a horse) and talk about it
Use these strategies and with some practicing, you will be a master of Table Topics too 🙂